Life can't always be in the fast lane - business inevitably slows down and this can be due to a sluggish economy or lack of sales during seasonal periods. This is not necessarily a bad thing as a quieter period can enable you to catch up on less important tasks. Here are some of the things to consider doing:
- Spend this time developing and testing new products.
- Training staff, particuarly technical staff or front-of-house staff.
- Analyse why you're seeing a downturn in sales and go to the root cause of the problem, e.g. lack of valid business goals or poor time management.
- Plan a small scale client event, such as an exclusive breakfast event or a cocktail party to strengthen relationships with your customers.
- Analyse your marketing strategy and see what might be lacking in terms of customer emails, advertising, public relations or social media.
- Catch up on administrative tasks, e.g. filing, data entry, data cleansing.
- Start a newsletter, either internally or to your customers
- Spring-clean your office
- Review your business goals/plan to determine if they're still relevant
- Take a management or business course
- Competitor analysis
For more information, you may want to read: